Thursday, March 29, 2012

Jules Verne's The Mysterious Island: A Review by Sarah I.!

The Mysterious Island, a fiction novel by Jules Verne, is about five escapees from Richmond during the civil war, who land on a mysterious island. The have to fight for survival, and meet many strange encounters. They fight pirates, mysteriously recover from lethal illnesses, while somehow managing to stay alive, despite the odds. I enjoyed this book, because of all the adventure. It is thrilling to read, and keeps you turning the pages. However, I would not recommend this book to weak readers. Although I enjoyed the story, the vocabulary and sentence structure was hard to keep up with. Also, it requires a lot of patience, because of its length. Overall, if you are a fan of action and adventure, I recommend The Mysterious Island.

No comments: